Saturday, November 7, 2009

No New Words Tonight, but A Midsummer Night's Dream for Inspiration

Shakespeare.
I spent most of the day doing chores and then working on homework/reading, so I didn't write at all today, which makes me very sad. But, I did get somethings done, and this is what the word cushion is for. Hopefully, tomorrow, even though I still have a lot to do, I will be able to add another 1,000 words on.

As a side note, I went to see the drama company's presentation of A Midsummer Night's Dream since I just recently studied that play in my Shakespeare class. It's a good thing I'd just read it since the director went in a quasi-futuristic direction with the costumes and set (which included flying robots playing some faeries, engineered by the computer science department). At first, I wasn't sure what to think of it all, but by the end, I really enjoyed it, and the space atmosphere actually made me look at the traditional faeries slightly differently. Who says they couldn't also be futuristic beings from another world or time?

Anyway, I'll get around to writing my extra credit review sometime, maybe as a warmup for a writing session tomorrow.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment