Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fun At Barnes and Noble


Today, I got up to find it raining again. We desperately need it, so that was a welcome sight, and it made for the perfect day to go out to La Madeleine and Barnes and Noble with two friends. We played around with our Macbook cameras- annoying some of the crankier patrons around us- but it was a fun time out for the day.

After playing some Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros, I took them home and ate dinner, planning on continuing brainstorming with Holly Lisle's Create a Plot Clinic. I ended up getting distracted with chatting via webcam with my friend, but we had fun playing Pictionary with our dry-erase boards.

The evening didn't turn out to be totally unproductive, though, as I was able to come up with some more plot ideas while showing her how I brainstorm via screen-sharing. I'm really starting to produce some interesting concepts for this story, but I still have virtually no idea how they will all fit as a cohesive story.

Shards of the Storm is still coming along, but very slowly as I am still rereading the manuscript for the first time to reacquaint myself with the general storyline, but this plotting workshop works for works-in-progress as well, so once I familiarize myself with it again, I'll probably begin working on that on the side as I try to prepare for NaNo in November. I'm gonna need all the preparation I can get because I can already tell it's going to be one of my busiest Novembers yet being the start of college.

Heading out to continue plotting. More progress bars will be up soon.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment