Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Freedom!

Today was my last day of high school.

While many of my classmates still need to take their final exams on Thursday and Friday, I, fortunately, am able to be exempt from all of mine. These last two days were "review days" (a.k.a. a complete waste of time), but I had to be present at school both yesterday and today in order to qualify for the exemption.

I had a fairly uneventful day for most of the morning, spent mostly talking with my classmates as most of our teachers did not do much reviewing. Lunch was nice, too, as I went off-campus with my newspaper class to Chuy's for our end of the year party. Got to talk with my good friend, Ben and then had a leisurely ten minutes to spare upon returning to school.

When the bell rang at 3:30, I walked out of the doors as if it was any other normal day, went to the car and left. And that was that. No fanfare. No cheering. No epic music.

Of course, all of that is saved for graduation next week. But as much as I have been anticipating this day, it still felt kind of sad. Of course, it's a great relief, too, but after 13 years of education, it's still hard to believe that the final day has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment